May 12, 2015 at 5:30 p.m.
Blue Jay Board Room
27307 State Hwy. 189, Suite 104
Blue Jay, CA 92317
Courtyard by Marriott St. George
185 South 1470 East
St. George, Utah 84790
A. CALL TO ORDER – John Wurm, Vice President
B. PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE TO THE FLAG
C. AGENDA POSTING CERTIFICATION
D. ROLL CALL
E. APPROVAL OF AGENDA (Additions and/or Deletions)
F. SPECIAL RECOGNITION – Award of Financial Reporting Achievement
G. PUBLIC COMMENT
This portion of the agenda is reserved for the public to speak to the Board of Directors on matters within the jurisdiction of the Lake Arrowhead Community Services District that are not on the agenda. No action may be taken by the Board, except to refer the matter to staff and/or place it on a future agenda. It is in the best interest of the person speaking to the Board to be concise and to the point. A time limit of five minutes per individual will be allowed.
Any person wishing to comment on an item that is on the agenda is requested to complete a request to speak form prior to the item being called for consideration. The form is submitted to the Clerk of the Board.
H. CONSENT CALENDAR
The following consent items are expected to be routine and non-controversial, and will be acted on at one time without discussion unless an item is withdrawn by a Board member for questions or discussion. Any person wishing to speak on the Consent or Open agenda may do so by raising his/her hand and being recognized by the President.
1. Approval of Minutes
April 14, 2015 Regular Board Meeting Minutes
(Directors: Boydston, Gross, Keefe, Thompson, and Wurm)
I. INFORMATION AND DISCUSSION ITEMS
3. Water and Sewer Rate Study Presentation. This is an information item. (Presenter: Shawn Koorn, HDR Engineering)
4. General Manager’s Report. This is an information item. (Presenter: Leo Havener, General Manager)
5. Finance Manager’s Quarterly Report. This is an information item. (Presenter: Catherine Cerri, Finance Manager)
6. Operations Manager’s Report – Water Projections. This is an information item. (Presenter: Matt Brooks, Operations Manager)
J. ACTION ITEM
a) Open the Public Hearing;
b) Statement as to the proper notification of the Public Hearing;
c) Statement as to the purpose of the Public Hearing;
d) Staff presentation and Board inquiry/statements;
e) Written Public Comment;
f) Oral Public Comment;
g) Close the Public Hearing;
h) Board member discussions;
i) Board member comments;
j) Vote on item.
No audio for item K
K. BOARD MEMBER MEETINGS
Board members will have the opportunity to seek Board approval for attendance at meetings of other organizations, seminars, conferences, and other meetings not previously planned for and to report on meetings that they have attended.
L. BOARD MEMBER COMMENTS
M. CLOSED SESSION
The Board will go into Closed Session to discuss:
1. Conference with Legal Counsel-Anticipated Litigation. Significant Exposure to litigation pursuant to Paragraph 2 subdivision (d) of Section 54956.9. Number of cases: Two
2. Conference with Real Property Negotiators. Property: 1,500 acre feet of water. Agency Negotiators: Leo Havener, General Manager, and Scott Campbell, General Counsel. Negotiating Parties: LACSD, Cadiz Inc.. Under Negotiation: Terms and price
3. Conference with Real Property Negotiators. Property: APN 033330127. Agency Negotiator: Leo Havener, General Manager and Scott Campbell, General Counsel. Negotiating Parties: Arrowhead Lake Association. Under negotiation: Price and terms of payment
4. Public Employee Performance Evaluation. Title: General Manager
N. OPEN SESSION
The Board will come out of Closed Session and report on any action taken.