May 26, 2020, at 5:30 p.m.
Consistent with the Governor’s Executive Order in response to the COVID-19 emergency and suspension of certain provisions of the Brown Act, LACSD Board meetings will be held remotely via tele-conference only. Please follow these directions to join the audio conference call:
1. Dial-in Number: +1 (425) 585-7339
2. To self-mute your line press *6 on your keypad, to unmute your line press *6 on your keypad
3. Go to Website: http://www.lakearrowheadcsd.com/regular-meeting-of-the-board-95/ to access the agenda packet.
To join the online meeting from your computer, or smartphone for video and screen sharing, select the link below, and if prompted, enter the online meeting ID listed below:
1. Join the online meeting: https://join.startmeeting.com/kfield0
2. Online meeting ID: kfield0
3. Next, choose “Internet” option if you want to use the video and screen sharing capabilities at the top of the screen, you will see the video camera icon, click on the icon.
AGENDA AGENDA PACKET CORRESPONDENCE PACKET
A. CALL TO ORDER – John Wurm, President
B. PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE TO THE FLAG
C. AGENDA POSTING CERTIFICATION
D. ROLL CALL
E. APPROVAL OF AGENDA (Additions and/or Deletions)
F. PUBLIC COMMENT
This portion of the agenda is reserved for the public to speak to the Board of Directors on matters within the jurisdiction of the Lake Arrowhead Community Services District that are not on the agenda. The Board, except to refer the matter to staff and/or place it on a future agenda, may take no action. It is in the best interest of the person speaking to the Board to be concise and to the point. A time limit of five minutes per individual will be allowed.
Any person wishing to comment on an item that is on the agenda are invited to participate via tele-conference or submit comments via email to the Board Secretary at firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday, May 25, 2020, at 3:00 p.m. Please limit comments to 300 words or less. All submitted written comments will be read aloud during the meeting. Upon signing into the tele-conference, all participants will be auto-muted, please press *6 to unmute when recognized by the Board President, then *6 to self-mute when finished speaking.
G. CONSENT CALENDAR
The following consent items are expected to be routine and non-controversial and will be acted on at one time without discussion unless an item is withdrawn by a Board member for questions or discussion. Any person wishing to speak on the Consent or Open agenda may do so by announcing their name and being recognized by the President.
1. Approval of Minutes.
April 28, 2020 Regular Board Meeting Minutes
(Directors: Boydston, Gross, Keefe, Morris, and Wurm)
2. Consider Approving Investment Transactions for April 2020
3. Consider Adoption of Fiscal Year 2020-2021 Investment Policy
H. INFORMATION AND DISCUSSION ITEMS
4. Departmental Reports.
a. District Engineer’s Report – Update on the District Corporation Yard, Project No. 177
b. Finance Manager’s Report – Fiscal Year 2019-20 Financial Statements and Cash and Investment Report for the Quarter Ended March 31, 2020
c. Operations Manager’s Report
This is an information item.
This is an information item. (Presenter: Catherine Cerri, General Manager)
I. ACTION ITEMS
6. Consider Approving Draft Budget for Fiscal Years 2020-21 and 2021-22. (Presenter: John O’Brien, Finance Manager)
7. Consider Voting for Special Districts Regular Local Agency Formation Commission (LAFCO) Member. (Presenter: Catherine Cerri, General Manager)
8. Consider Awarding a Construction Contract for Manhole Inflow Reduction 2020 Project No. 212. (Presenter: Scott Schroder, Engineering Technician)
9. Consider Approving an Equipment Lease Agreement with Kadance Corporation for a Pilot-Scale Demonstration of the Nano2 Micronized Oxygen Infusion System at the Willow Creek Wastewater Treatment Plant. (Presenter: Matt Brooks, Operations Manager)
10. Consider Awarding a Professional Services Contract with Dudek for Pilot Testing Support for the Nano2 Micronized Oxygen Infusion System Demonstration at the Willow Creek Wastewater Treatment Plant. (Presenter: Matt Brooks, Operations Manager)
11. Consider Approving a Contract with Stem Inc. and Stockmans to Provide and Install an Energy Storage System. (Presenter: Catherine Cerri, General Manager) Presentation Handout
J. BOARD MEMBER MEETINGS
Board members will have the opportunity to seek Board approval for attendance at meetings of other organizations, seminars, conferences, and other meetings not previously planned for and to report on meetings that they have attended.
K. BOARD MEMBER COMMENTS
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, if you need special assistance to participate in this meeting, please contact Kathleen Field, Board Secretary at email@example.com or (909) 336-7117. Notification 48 hours prior to the meeting will enable the District to make reasonable arrangements to ensure accessibility to this meeting. (28 CFR 35.102-35.104 ADA Title II).
All public records relating to an agenda item on this agenda are available for public inspection at the time the records are distributed to all, or a majority of all, members of the Board. Such records shall be available at the District office located at 27307 State Highway 189, Suite 101, Blue Jay, CA 92317 and our website at www.lakearrowheadcsd.com.