9/10/2013 6:30 PM
Willow Creek Board Room
840 Willow Creek Rd
Lake Arrowhead, California 92352
AGENDA AGENDA PACKET MEETING MINUTES
A. CALL TO ORDER – Ralph Wagner, President
B. PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE TO THE FLAG
C. ROLL CALL
D. AGENDA CERTIFICATION
E. APPROVAL OF AGENDA (Additions and/or Deletions)
F. PUBLIC COMMENT
This portion of the agenda is reserved for the public to speak to the Board of Directors on matters within the jurisdiction of the Lake Arrowhead Community Services District that are not on the agenda. No action may be taken by the Board, except to refer the matter to staff and/or place it on a future agenda. It is in the best interest of the person speaking to the Board to be concise and to the point. A time limit of five minutes per individual will be allowed.
Any person wishing to comment on an item that is on the agenda is requested to complete a request to speak form prior to the item being called for consideration. The form is submitted to the Clerk of the Board.
G. CONSENT CALENDAR
The following consent items are expected to be routine and non-controversial, and will be acted on at one time without discussion, unless an item is withdrawn by a Board member for questions or discussion. Any person wishing to speak on the Consent or Open agenda may do so by raising his/her hand and being recognized by the President.
1. Approval of Minutes.
August 13, 2013 Regular Board Meeting Minutes, (Directors: Goss, Keefe, Thompson, Wagner, and Wurm)
2. Consider Approving the Purchase and Installation of Rolling Motorized Gates at the Grass Valley Wastewater Treatment Plant and at the Willow Creek Wastewater Treatment Plant.
3. Consider Approving the Purchase of Willow Creek Pond Aerators for the Willow Creek Wastewater Treatment Plant.
H. INFORMATION AND DISCUSSION ITEMS
4. General Manager’s Report. This is an information item. (Presenter: Leo Havener, General Manager)
5. Finance Manager’s Report. This is an information item. (Presenter: Catherine Cerri, Finance Manager)
I. BOARD MEMBER MEETINGS
Board members will have the opportunity to seek Board approval for attendance at meetings of other organizations, seminars, conferences, and other meetings not previously planned for and to report on meetings that they have attended.
J. ACTION ITEMS
6. Consider Awarding a Construction Contract for Grass Valley Outfall Connection Improvement Project No. 117 to TK Construction. (Presenter: Aida Hercules, Engineering Project Manager)
7. Consider Awarding a Construction Contract for Assessment District #8 Raise Manholes to Grade, Crest Park Project No. K-10 to TryCo General Engineering. (Presenter: Aida Hercules, Engineering Project Manager)
8. Consider Approving a Contract for Biosolids Transportation. (Presenter: Matt Brooks, Operations Manager)
9. Consider Approving the Purchase of a 40 Horsepower Pall Plant Compressor for the Grass Valley Wastewater Treatment Plant. (Presenter: Matt Brooks, Operations Manager)
10. Consider Approving an Agreement with the United States Geological Survey for Federal Fiscal Year 2014 Operations and Maintenance of Stream and Rain Gaging Stations. (Presenter: Leo Havener, General Manager)
K. BOARD MEMBER COMMENTS
L. CLOSED SESSION
The Board will go into Closed Session to discuss:
1. Conference with Real Property Negotiators. Property: 27315 North Bay Rd., Blue Jay, CA 92317. Agency Negotiators: Leo Havener, General Manager, Catherine Cerri, Finance Manager, and Scott Campbell, General Counsel. Negotiating Parties: Rim of the World Unified School District. Under Negotiation: Price and terms of payment
2. Conference with Legal Counsel-Anticipated Litigation
Significant exposure to litigation pursuant to subdivision (b) of Section 54956.9Potential cases: One
M. OPEN SESSION
The Board will come out of Closed Session and report on any action taken.
BOARD CORRESPONDENCE PACKET
To save server space the Agendas, Minutes and other documents or media associated with this page have been archived.
If you wish to request the content associated with this page click here