September 8, 2015 at 5:30 p.m.
Blue Jay Board Room
27307 State Hwy. 189, Suite 104
Blue Jay, CA 92317
A. CALL TO ORDER – John Wurm, Vice President
B. PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE TO THE FLAG
C. AGENDA POSTING CERTIFICATION
D. ROLL CALL
E. APPROVAL OF AGENDA (Additions and/or Deletions)
F. PUBLIC COMMENT
This portion of the agenda is reserved for the public to speak to the Board of Directors on matters within the jurisdiction of the Lake Arrowhead Community Services District that are not on the agenda. No action may be taken by the Board, except to refer the matter to staff and/or place it on a future agenda. It is in the best interest of the person speaking to the Board to be concise and to the point. A time limit of five minutes per individual will be allowed.
Any person wishing to comment on an item that is on the agenda is requested to complete a request to speak form prior to the item being called for consideration. The form is submitted to the Clerk of the Board.
G. CONSENT CALENDAR
The following consent items are expected to be routine and non-controversial, and will be acted on at one time without discussion, unless an item is withdrawn by a Board member for questions or discussion. Any person wishing to speak on the Consent or Open agenda may do so by raising his/her hand and being recognized by the President.
- Approval of Minutes.
August 25, 2015 Regular Board Meeting Minutes (Directors: Boydston, Gross, Keefe, Thompson, and Wurm)
H. INFORMATION AND DISCUSSION ITEMS
2. General Manager’s Report. This is an information item. (Presenter: Leo Havener, General Manager)
3. Operations Manager’s Report. This is an information item. (Presenter: Matt Brooks, Operations Manager)
4. Check Presentation From Southern California Edison for the Automated Demand Response Project Completion. This is an information item. (Presenter: Matt Brooks, Operations Manager)
I. ACTION ITEMS
5. Consider Establishing an Ad Hoc Committee to Discuss Additional Groundwater Development. (Presenter: Leo Havener, General Manager)
6. Consider Authorizing District Staff to Submit the First Payment for Distribution Provider’s Interconnection Facility Costs, Totaling $21,940 to Southern California Edison to Proceed with the Proposed Solar Project in Hesperia. (Presenter: Matt Brooks, Operations Manager)
7. Consider Awarding a Contract for the Grass Valley Wastewater Treatment Plant Roof Repair Project No. 145 to Foam Experts Roofing, Inc. (Presenter: Matt Brooks, Operations Manager)
8. Consider Approving the Purchase of Three New Fleet Vehicles. (Presenter: Matt Brooks, Operations Manager)
9. Consider Authorizing District Staff to Purchase One New Thickened Sludge Pump and One New Primary Sludge Pump . (Presenter: Matt Brooks, Operations Manager)
10. Consider Authorizing District Staff to Mail Rate Notifications Concerning Proposed Rates Increases and Set Public Hearing in Acordance with Proposition 218. (Presenter: Catherine Cerri, Finance Manager)
J. BOARD MEMBER MEETINGS
Board members will have the opportunity to seek Board approval for attendance at meetings of other organizations, seminars, conferences, and other meetings not previously planned for and to report on meetings that they have attended.
K. BOARD MEMBER COMMENTS
L. CLOSED SESSION
The Board will go into Closed Session to discuss:
1. Conference with Real Property Negotiators. Pursuant to Section 54956.9. Property: 27307 Hwy. 189, Blue Jay, CA 92317. Agency negotiator: Leo Havener, General Manager and Catherine Cerri, Finance Manager. Negotiating parties: Coastal Management Resources, LLC, a California Limited Liability Company. Under negotiation: Price and terms of lease.
2. Conference with Real Property Negotiators. Pursuant to Section 54956.9. Property: APN 033330127. Agency Negotiator: Leo Havener, General Manager and Scott Campbell, General Counsel. Negotiating Parties: Arrowhead Lake Association. Under negotiation: Price and terms of payment.
M. OPEN SESSION
The Board will come out of Closed Session and report on any action taken.