8/25/2009 6:30 PM
Willow Creek Board Room
840 Willow Creek Rd
Lake Arrowhead, California 92352
A. CALL TO ORDER – Geoffrey Goss, President
B. PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE TO THE FLAG
C. AGENDA POSTING CERTIFICATION
D. ROLL CALL
E. APPROVAL OF AGENDA (Additions and/or Deletions)
F. PUBLIC COMMENT
This portion of the agenda is reserved for the public to speak to the Board of Directors on matters within the jurisdiction of the Lake Arrowhead Community Services District that are not on the agenda. No action may be taken by the Board, except to refer the matter to staff and/or place it on a future agenda. It is in the best interest of the person speaking to the Board to be concise and to the point. A time limit of five minutes per individual will be allowed.
Any person wishing to comment on an item that is on the agenda is requested to complete a request to speak form prior to the item being called for consideration. The form is submitted to the Clerk of the Board.
G. CONSENT CALENDAR
The following items listed as Consent Calendar are expected to be routine and non-controversial, and will be acted upon at one time without discussion, unless an item is withdrawn by a Board member for questions or discussion. Any person wishing to speak on a Consent Calendar item is requested to complete a request to speak form prior to consideration of the Consent Calendar. The form is submitted to the Clerk of the Board.
1. Approval of Minutes.
(Directors: Ben-Hur, Carver, Goss, Sievers, and Wagner)
3. Consider Awarding a Professional Services Contract with Infrastructure Engineering Corporation for Preliminary Design of the North Bay Intake Pump Station Improvement Project No. 072. That the Board of Directors authorize District staff to enter into a Professional Services Contract with Infrastructure Engineering Corporation.
4. Consider Project Acceptance for Tract 62 Paving. That the Board accept the work as performed by Calmex Engineering as complete under the construction contract for the Tract 62 Paving Project and authorize the General Manager to execute the Notice of Completion.
H. ACTION ITEMS
5. Consider Adoption of Resolution No. 2009-28 to Approve an Amendment to Contract Between the Board of Administration of the California Public Employees’ Retirement System and the Board of Directors of the Lake Arrowhead Community Services District.(Presenter: Debbie Aubin, Finance Manager)
6. Consider Authorizing the Purchase of Onsite Sodium Hypochlorite Generation Systems for Bernina Water Treatment Plant, Cedar Glen Water Treatment Plant and the Grass Valley Wastewater Treatment Plant. That the Board authorize staff to purchase onsite sodium hypochlorite generation systems for the Bernina and Cedar Glen Water Treatment Plants and the Grass Valley Wastewater Treatment Plant.
7. Consider Adopting Resolution No. 2009-29 Establishing and Approving a Key and Security Alarm Code Management Policies and Procedures. That the Board of Directors adopts Resolution No. 2009-29 Establishing a Key and Security Alarm Code Management Policies and Procedures manual. (Presenter: John E. Hoagland, General Manager)
8. Consider Adopting Resolution No. 2009-30 Voting for Association of California Water Agencies (ACWA) Region 9 Board Members and Officers for the 2010-2011 Term. That the Board of Directors vote for ACWA Region 9 Officers and Board members for the 2010-2011 term.
(Presenter: John E. Hoagland, General Manager)
I. INFORMATION ITEMS
9. General Manager’s Report. This is an information item. (Presenter: John E. Hoagland, General Manager)
10. CLAWA II Agreement Amendment Presentation. (Presenter: John E. Hoagland, General Manager) The General Manager will be presenting a PowerPoint presentation on the proposed CLAWA II – Amendment 1
12. Customer Service Manager’s Report- Datamatic and Mosaic Project Update. This is an information item.(Presenter: Marc Lippert, Customer Service Manager)
13. General Counsel’s Report. This is an information item. (Presenter: Scott Campbell, General Counsel)
J. BOARD MEMBER MEETINGS
Board members will have the opportunity to seek Board approval for attendance at meetings of other organizations, seminars, conferences, and other meetings not previously planned for and to report on meetings that they have attended.
K. BOARD MEMBER COMMENT
L. CLOSED SESSION
The Board will go into Closed Session to discuss:
1. Conference with Legal Counsel-Anticipated Litigation
Initiation of litigation pursuant to subdivision (c) of Section 54956.9
Number of cases: (1)
M. ADJOURNMENT (NO REPORTABLE ACTION FROM CLOSED SESSION)
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, if you need special assistance to participate in this meeting, please contact Kathleen Fankhauser, Board Secretary (909) 336-7117. Notification 48 hours prior to the meeting will enable the District to make reasonable arrangements to ensure accessibility to this meeting. (28 CFR 35.102-35.104 ADA Title II).
All public records relating to an agenda item on this agenda are available for public inspection at the time the records are distributed to all, or a majority of all, members of the Board. Such records shall be available at the District office located at 28200 State Highway 189, Suite 03-160, Lake Arrowhead, CA 92352 and our website at www.lakearrowheadcsd.com
To save server space the Agendas, Minutes and other documents or media associated with this page have been archived.
If you wish to request the content associated with this page click here