August 25, 2015 at 5:30 p.m.
Blue Jay Board Room
27307 State Hwy. 189, Suite 104
Blue Jay, CA 92317
A. CALL TO ORDER – Bill Thompson, President
B. PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE TO THE FLAG
C. AGENDA POSTING CERTIFICATION
D. ROLL CALL
E. APPROVAL OF AGENDA (Additions and/or Deletions)
F. PUBLIC COMMENT Any person wishing to comment on an item that is on the agenda is requested to complete a request to speak form prior to the item being called for consideration. The form is submitted to the Clerk of the Board. This portion of the agenda is reserved for the public to speak to the Board of Directors on matters within the jurisdiction of the Lake Arrowhead Community Services District that are not on the agenda. No action may be taken by the Board, except to refer the matter to staff and/or place it on a future agenda. It is in the best interest of the person speaking to the Board to be concise and to the point. A time limit of five minutes per individual will be allowed.
G. SPECIAL RECOGNITION
Special recognition will be given to Braden Walker for his Eagle Scout Troop Demonstration Garden Project. (Presenter: Mark Lopez, Customer Service Supervisor
H. CONSENT CALENDAR
The following consent items are expected to be routine and non-controversial, and will be acted on at one time without discussion, unless an item is withdrawn by a Board member for questions or discussion. Any person wishing to speak on the Consent or Open agenda may do so by raising his/her hand and being recognized by the President.
1. July 28, 2015 Regular Board Meeting Minutes. (Directors: Boydston, Gross, Thompson, and Wurm)
I. INFORMATION AND DISCUSSION ITEMS
8. General Manager’s Report. This is an information item. (Presenter: Leo Havener, General Manager)
9. Water Rate Structure Alternatives. This is an information item. (Presenter: Catherine Cerri, Finance Manager)
10. Operations Manager’s Report. This is an information item. (Presenter: Matt Brooks, Operations Manager)
J. ACTION ITEMS
11. Consider Proceeding with Additional Groundwater Development Consistent with Lake Arrowhead Community Services District Approved Plan to Satisfy State Water Resources Control Board (SWRCB) Order WR 2006-0001. (Presenter: Leo Havener, General Manager)
12. Consider Approving Joint Funding Agreement with the United States Geological Survey for Federal Fiscal Year 2016 Operations and Maintenance of Stream and Rain Gaging Station and Installation and Maintenance of a New Stream and Rain Gaging Station Above Grass Valley Lake. (Presenter: Leo Havener, General Manager)
13. Consider Rejecting the First Bid and Award a Construction Contract for Raise Manholes to Grade Arrowhead Villas Assessment District #4 Project No. 141, to Trinity Construction, Inc. (Presenter: Scott Schroder, Engineering Technician)
14. Consider Awarding a Construction Contract for the Emerald/Old Mill Water Replacement Project No. 128 to GM Excavating, Inc. (Presenter: Scott Schroder, Engineering Technician)
15. Consider Authorizing the General Manager to Execute the Generator Interconnection Agreement (GIA) with Southern California Edison (SCE) for the Proposed Lake Arrowhead Community Services District Solar 1 Project, Located in Hesperia, CA. (Presenter: Matt Brooks, Operations Manager)
K. BOARD MEMBER MEETINGS
Board members will have the opportunity to seek Board approval for attendance at meetings of other organizations, seminars, conferences, and other meetings not previously planned for and to report on meetings that they have attended.
L. BOARD MEMBER COMMENTS
M. CLOSED SESSION
The Board will go into Closed Session to discuss:
1. Conference with Real Property Negotiators.Property: APN 033330127Negotiating Parties: Arrowhead Lake Association. Under negotiation: Price and terms of payment. Agency Negotiator: Leo Havener, General Manager and Scott Campbell, General Counsel Pursuant to Section 54956.9
2. Conference with Real Property Negotiators. Property: 27307 Hwy. 189, Blue Jay, CA 92317Negotiating parties: Coastal Management Resources, LLC, a California Limited Liability Company. Under negotiation: Price and terms of lease. Agency negotiator: Leo Havener, General Manager and Catherine Cerri, Finance Manager Pursuant to Section 54956.
3. Conference with Legal Counsel – Anticipated Litigation. Two cases. Significant Exposure to Litigation pursuant to paragraph (2) of subdivision (d) of Government Code section 54956.9
N. OPEN SESSION
The Board will come out of Closed Session and report on any action taken.
O. ACTION ITEM
16. Consider Authorizing Reimbursement of the Blue Jay Administration Building Water Rights Costs from the Supplemental Water Supply Fee Fund.(Presenter: Catherine Cerri, Finance Manager)