7/24/2012 6:30 PM
Willow Creek Board Room
840 Willow Creek Rd
Lake Arrowhead, California 92352
AGENDA AGENDA PACKET
A. CALL TO ORDER – Ralph Wagner, President
B. PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE TO THE FLAG
C. AGENDA POSTING CERTIFICATION
D. ROLL CALL
E. APPROVAL OF AGENDA (Additions and/or Deletions)
F. PUBLIC COMMENT
This portion of the agenda is reserved for the public to speak to the Board of Directors on matters within the jurisdiction of the Lake Arrowhead Community Services District that are not on the agenda. No action may be taken by the Board, except to refer the matter to staff and/or place it on a future agenda. It is in the best interest of the person speaking to the Board to be concise and to the point. A time limit of five minutes per individual will be allowed.
Any person wishing to comment on an item that is on the agenda is requested to complete a request to speak form prior to the item being called for consideration. The form is submitted to the Clerk of the Board.
(G. OPEN SESSION REMOVED)
G. CONSENT CALENDAR
The following consent items are expected to be routine and non-controversial, and will be acted on at one time without discussion, unless an item is withdrawn by a Board member for questions or discussion. Any person wishing to speak on the Consent or Open agenda may do so by raising his/her hand and being recognized by the President.
1. Approval of Minutes. June 26, 2012 Regular Board Meeting (Directors: Butler, Goss, Wagner, and Wurm)
H. INFORMATION ITEMS
2. Committee Reports.
a) July 3, 2012 Executive Committee Meeting. This is an information item. (Presenter: Ralph Wagner, Chairman)
b) July 16, 2012 Executive Committee Meeting. This is an information item. (Presenter: Ralph Wagner, Chairman)
c) July 16, 2012 Engineering Committee Meeting. This is an information item. (Presenter: Ralph Wagner, Chairman)
d) July 16, 2012 Finance Committee Meeting. This is an information item. (Presenter: Philip Butler, Chairman)
e) July 19, 2012 Personnel Committee Meeting. This is an information item. (Presenter: John Wurm, Chairman)
3. Interim General Manager’s Report. This is an information item. (Presenter: Mark Veysey, Interim General Manager)
4. General Counsel’s Report. This is an information item. (Presenter: Scott Campbell, General Counsel)
I. BOARD MEMBER MEETINGS
Board members will have the opportunity to seek Board approval for attendance at meetings of other organizations, seminars, conferences, and other meetings not previously planned for and to report on meetings that they have attended.
J. ACTION ITEMS
5. Consider Introduction and First Reading of Ordinance No. 77 An Ordinance of the Board of Directors of the Lake Arrowhead Community Services District, County of San Bernardino, State of California, Revising the Methodology for Calculating the Annual Supplemental Water Supply Fee Established Pursuant to Lake Arrowhead Community Services District Ordinance No. 61. Presenter: Scott Campbell, General Counsel)
6. Consider Rejecting all Bids for Assessment District #8 Crest Park 8” Sewer Pipeline CCTV Inspection and Cleaning, Project No. 098. (Presenter: Ken Nelsen, Operations Manager)
7. Consider Authorizing the Purchase of an Enclosure for the Willow Creek Treatment Plant Headworks, Project No. 054. (Presenter: Ken Nelsen, Operations Manager)
8. Consider Awarding a Contract for the Transportation and Beneficial Reuse of Wastewater Bio-Solids. (Presenter: Ken Nelsen, Operations Manager)
9. Consider Adopting Resolution 2012-11 Revising the Rules and Regulations for Water and Wastewater Service Regarding Reconstructed Properties Connection Fees. (Presenter: Scott Campbell, General Counsel)
K. BOARD MEMBER COMMENT
L. CLOSED SESSION
The Board will go into Closed Session to discuss:
1. Conference with Labor Negotiators. Pursuant to Government Section 54957.6 Agency Designated Representatives: Mark Veysey, Interim General Manager and Brad Neufeld of Gresham Savage, Employee Organization: Utility Workers’ Union of America, Local 557
2. Liability Claims. Claimant: Mrs. SiewertAgainst: Lake Arrowhead Community Services District
3. Conference with Legal Counsel – Anticipated Litigation. Significant exposure to litigation pursuant to subdivision (b) of Section 54956.9, Potential Cases: two
M. OPEN SESSION The Board will come out of Closed Session and report on any action taken.
To save server space the Agendas, Minutes and other documents or media associated with this page have been archived.
If you wish to request the content associated with this page click here