February 13, 2018, at 5:30 p.m.
LACSD Blue Jay Board Room
27307 State Hwy. 189, Suite 104
Blue Jay, CA 92317
A. CALL TO ORDER – Steve Boydston, Vice President
B. PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE TO THE FLAG
C. AGENDA POSTING CERTIFICATION
D. ROLL CALL
E. APPROVAL OF AGENDA (Additions and/or Deletions)
F. PUBLIC COMMENT
This portion of the agenda is reserved for the public to speak to the Board of Directors on matters within the jurisdiction of the Lake Arrowhead Community Services District that are not on the agenda. No action may be taken by the Board, except to refer the matter to staff and/or place it on a future agenda. It is in the best interest of the person speaking to the Board to be concise and to the point. A time limit of five minutes per individual will be allowed.
Any person wishing to comment on an item that is on the agenda is requested to complete a request to speak form prior to the item being called for consideration. The form is submitted to the Clerk of the Board.
G. CONSENT CALENDAR
The following consent items are expected to be routine and non-controversial, and will be acted on at one time without discussion unless an item is withdrawn by a Board member for questions or discussion. Any person wishing to speak on the Consent or Open agenda may do so by raising his/her hand and being recognized by the President.
1. Approval of Minutes
January 9, 2018 Regular Board Meeting Minutes
(Directors: Boydston, Gross, O’Brien, and Wurm)
2. Consider Project Acceptance for Palisades Sewer Rehabilitation Phase 1, Project No. 143.
3. Consider Accepting the Grass Valley Wastewater Treatment Plant Laboratory Improvements Project No. 162.
4. Consider Accepting Tract 7417 Manhole Rehabilitation 2017 Project No. 168.
H. ACTION ITEMS
5. Third Public Hearing for the Proposal to Establish District Boundaries for District-Based Elections.
Conduct a public hearing regarding the content of the draft election map(s) for changing the District’s elections from at-large to district based.(Presenter: Catherine Cerri, General Manager)
6. Consider Approving Purchase and Sale Agreement for the Purchase of 4.45 Acres from San Bernardino County Service Area 70 D-1.
(Presenter: Catherine Cerri, General Manager) AMENDED PURCHASE AND SALE AGREEMENT (clean copy)
AMENDED PURCHASE AND SALE AGREEMENT (redline copy)
7. Consider Awarding a Construction Contract for the Water Meter Replacement Project No. 167.
(Presenter: Mark Lopez, Customer Service Supervisor)
I. BOARD MEMBER MEETINGS
Board members will have the opportunity to seek Board approval for attendance at meetings of other organizations, seminars, conferences, and other meetings not previously planned for and to report on meetings that they have attended.
J. BOARD MEMBER COMMENTS
K. CLOSED SESSION
1. Conference with Legal Counsel-Anticipated Litigation.
Significant exposure to litigation pursuant to paragraph (2) of subdivision (d) of Section 54956.9: (One case)
2. Conference with Legal Counsel – Existing Litigation.
(Paragraph (1) of subdivision (d) of Section 54956.9)
Name of case: The City of Hesperia v. Lake Arrowhead Community Services District, et al., Case No. CIVDS160201
L. OPEN SESSION
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, if you need special assistance to participate in this meeting, please contact Kathleen Field, Board Secretary (909) 336-7117. Notification 48 hours prior to the meeting will enable the District to make reasonable arrangements to ensure accessibility to this meeting. (28 CFR 35.102-35.104 ADA Title II).