August 23, 2016, at 5:30 p.m.
Blue Jay Board Room
27307 State Hwy. 189, Suite 104
Blue Jay, CA 92317
A. CALL TO ORDER – John Wurm, Vice President
B. PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE TO THE FLAG
C. AGENDA POSTING CERTIFICATION
D. ROLL CALL
E. APPROVAL OF AGENDA (Additions and/or Deletions)
F. PUBLIC COMMENT
This portion of the agenda is reserved for the public to speak to the Board of Directors on matters within the jurisdiction of the Lake Arrowhead Community Services District that are not on the agenda. No action may be taken by the Board, except to refer the matter to staff and/or place it on a future agenda. It is in the best interest of the person speaking to the Board to be concise and to the point. A time limit of five minutes per individual will be allowed.
Any person wishing to comment on an item that is on the agenda is requested to complete a request to speak form prior to the item being called for consideration. The form is submitted to the Clerk of the Board.
G. AWARD PRESENTATION
1. Presentation of the Government Finance Officers Association’s (GFOA) Certificate of Achievement for Excellence in Financial Reporting for Fiscal Year Ended June 30, 2015 Comprehensive Annual Financial Report. (Presenter: John Wurm, Vice President)
H. CONSENT CALENDAR
The following consent items are expected to be routine and non-controversial, and will be acted on at one time without discussion unless an item is withdrawn by a Board member for questions or discussion. Any person wishing to speak on the Consent or Open agenda may do so by raising his/her hand and being recognized by the President.
1. Approval of Minutes
July 12, 2016 Regular Board Meeting Minutes (Directors: Gross, Keefe, Thompson, and Wurm)
I. INFORMATION AND DISCUSSION ITEMS
3. Departmental Reports.
a. Field Operations Manager’s 2016 Second Quarter Report
b. Operations Manager’s Report
This is an information item.
4. Interim General Manager’s Report.
This is an information item.
(Presenter: Catherine Cerri, Interim General Manager)
J. ACTION ITEMS
5. Consider Approving Joint Funding Agreement with the United States Geological Survey for Water Year 2017 Operations and Maintenance of Stream and Rain Gaging Stations. (Presenter: Catherine Cerri, Interim General Manager)
6. Consider Adopting Resolution No. 2016–14 2016-15 Authorizing the Issuance of Water and Wastewater Refunding Revenue Bonds in an Amount not to Exceed $26,400,000, and the Execution and Delivery of an Indenture of Trust, a Bond Purchase Agreement, One or More Escrow Agreements, and an Official Statement, and Authorizing Certain Related Matters. (Presenter: Catherine Cerri, Interim General Manager)
7. Consider Rejecting the First Bid and Awarding a Construction Contract for the Inflow and Infiltration Manhole Rehabilitation 2016, Project No. 151. (Presenter: Aida Hercules-Dodaro, District Engineer)
8. Consider Awarding a Construction Contract for Stater Brothers Manhole Installation, Project No. 152.
(Presenter: Aida Hercules-Dodaro, District Engineer)
9. Consider the Purchase of Eight (8) New Compressors for Wastewater Lift Stations. (Presenter: Matt Brooks, Operations Manager)
K. BOARD MEMBER MEETINGS
Board members will have the opportunity to seek Board approval for attendance at meetings of other organizations, seminars, conferences, and other meetings not previously planned for and to report on meetings that they have attended.
L. BOARD MEMBER COMMENTS
M. CLOSED SESSION
The Board will go into Closed Session to discuss:
1. Conference with Labor Negotiators. Pursuant to Government Section 54957.6. Agency Designated Representatives: Catherine Cerri, Interim General Manager, Natalie Potter, Human Resources Manager, and Scott Campbell, General Counsel. Employee Organization: Utility Workers’ Union of America, Local
2. Conference with Real Property Negotiators. Property: 0329-031-04. Agency negotiator: Catherine Cerri, Interim General Manager. Under negotiation: Price and terms of payment
3. Conference with Real Property Negotiators. Property: 0330-011-25
Agency negotiator: Catherine Cerri, Interim General Manager. Under negotiation: Price and terms of payment
4. Conference with Real Property Negotiators.
Property: APN 0333-301-27
Agency Negotiator: Catherine Cerri, Interim General Manager and Scott Campbell, General Counsel
Negotiating Parties: Arrowhead Lake Association
Under negotiation: Price and terms of payment
5. Conference with Legal Counsel – Anticipated Litigation. Significant Exposure to litigation pursuant to Paragraph (2) subdivision (d) of Section 54956.9. Number of cases: Five
6. Conference with Legal Counsel – Existing Litigation.
(Paragraph (1) of subdivision (d) of Section 54956.9)
Name of case: City of Hesperia v. Lake Arrowhead Community Services District, et al, Case No. CIVDS 1602017
7. Conference with Labor Negotiators. Agency Designated Representatives: Scott Campbell, General Counsel and the Board of Directors. Unrepresented Employee: General Manager
8. Public Employee Appointment. Title: General Manager
N. OPEN SESSION
The Board will come out of Closed Session and report on any action taken.