May 24, 2016, at 5:30 p.m.
Blue Jay Board Room
27307 State Hwy. 189, Suite 104
Blue Jay, CA 92317
A. CALL TO ORDER – Bill Thompson, Board President
B. PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE TO THE FLAG
C. AGENDA POSTING CERTIFICATION
D. ROLL CALL
E. APPROVAL OF AGENDA (Additions and/or Deletions)
F. PUBLIC COMMENT
This portion of the agenda is reserved for the public to speak to the Board of Directors on matters within the jurisdiction of the Lake Arrowhead Community Services District that are not on the agenda. The Board, except to refer the matter to staff and/or place it on a future agenda, may take no action. It is in the best interest of the person speaking to the Board to be concise and to the point. A time limit of five minutes per individual will be allowed.
Any person wishing to comment on an item that is on the agenda is requested to complete a request to speak form prior to the item being called for consideration. The form is submitted to the Clerk of the Board.
G. CONSENT CALENDAR
The following consent items are expected to be routine and non-controversial, and will be acted on at one time without discussion, unless an item is withdrawn by a Board member for questions or discussion. Any person wishing to speak on the Consent or Open agenda may do so by raising his/her hand and being recognized by the President.
1. Approval of Minutes.
April 7, 2016 Special Board Meeting Minutes
(Directors: Boydston, Thompson, and Wurm)
April 12, 2016 Regular Board Meeting Minutes
(Directors: Boydston, Gross, Keefe, Thompson, and Wurm)
H. INFORMATION AND DISCUSSION ITEMS
7. Departmental Reports.
8. General Manager’s Report.
This is an information item.
(Presenter: Leo Havener, General Manager)
I. ACTION ITEMS
9. Consider Authorizing District Staff to Execute a Ninth Amendment to the Professional Services Contract with Computer Options. (Presenter: Catherine Cerri, Finance Manager)
10. Consider Approving the Purchase of One New Flygt Submersible Pump. (Presenter: Matt Brooks, Operations Manager)
11. Consider Adopting Resolution No. 2016-06 Adopting a Mitigated Negative Declaration and a Mitigation Monitoring and Reporting Program Under the California Environmental Quality Act for the Lake Arrowhead Maintenance Dredging Project and Approving the Project. (Presenter: Aida Hercules-Dodaro, District Engineer)
J. BOARD MEMBER MEETINGS
Board members will have the opportunity to seek Board approval for attendance at meetings of other organizations, seminars, conferences, and other meetings not previously planned for and to report on meetings that they have attended.
K. BOARD MEMBER COMMENTS
L. CLOSED SESSION
The Board will go into Closed Session to discuss:
1. Conference with Real Property Negotiators.
Property: 27307 Hwy. 189, Blue Jay, CA 92317
Agency Negotiators: Leo Havener, General Manager, Catherine Cerri, Finance Manager
Negotiating Parties: VNA Hospice and Palliative Care of Southern California
Under Negotiation: Price and terms of payment
2. Conference with Labor Negotiators.
Pursuant to Government Section 54957.6
Agency Designated Representatives: Leo Havener, General Manager, Natalie Potter, Human Resources Manager, and Scott Campbell, General Counsel
Employee Organization: Utility Workers’ Union of America, Local
3. Conference with Legal Counsel – Anticipated Litigation.
Significant exposure to litigation pursuant to paragraph (2) of subdivision (d) of section 54956.9
Number of potential cases: Two
M. OPEN SESSION
The Board will come out of Closed Session and report on any action taken.