2/14/2012 6:30 PM
Willow Creek Board Room
840 Willow Creek Rd
Lake Arrowhead, California 92352
AGENDA AGENDA PACKET
A. CALL TO ORDER – Ralph Wagner, Board President
B. PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE TO THE FLAG
C. AGENDA POSTING CERTIFICATION
D. ROLL CALL
E. APPROVAL OF AGENDA (Additions and/or Deletions)
F. PUBLIC COMMENT
This portion of the agenda is reserved for the public to speak to the Board of Directors on matters within the jurisdiction of the Lake Arrowhead Community Services District that are not on the agenda. The Board, except to refer the matter to staff and/or place it on a future agenda, may take no action. It is in the best interest of the person speaking to the Board to be concise and to the point. A time limit of five minutes per individual will be allowed.
Any person wishing to comment on an item that is on the agenda is requested to complete a request to speak form prior to the item being called for consideration. The form is submitted to the Clerk of the Board.
G. CONSENT CALENDAR
The following consent items are expected to be routine and non-controversial, and will be acted on at one time without discussion, unless an item is withdrawn by a Board member for questions or discussion. Any person wishing to speak on the Consent or Open agenda may do so by raising his/her hand and being recognized by the President.
1.Approval of Minutes. January 24, 2012 Regular Board Meeting (Directors Present: Butler, Goodwin, Goss, Wagner, and Wurm)
2. Consider Approval of the Nominations for the Proposed Standing Committees. Approval of this item will result in approval of the board members nominated for the Engineering, Finance, and Personnel standing committees at the January 24, 2012 Board meeting.
3. Consider Project Acceptance for IX Plant Break Tank, Project No. 037.
H. INFORMATION ITEMS
4. Executive Committee Report. This is an information item. (Presenter: Ralph Wagner, Executive Committee Chairman)
5. General Manager’s Report. This is an information item. (Presenter: John E. Hoagland, General Manager) Office Options Evaluation
6. Finance Manager’s Report – Cash Flow Projection and Budget Calendar. This is an information item. (Presenter: Catherine Cerri, Finance Manager)
Finance Manager’s Report – Cash Flow Projection and Budget Calendar. This is an information item. (Presenter: Catherine Cerri, Finance Manager)
7. Comparative Financial Statements. This is an information item. (Presenter: Catherine Cerri, Finance Manager)
8. General Counsel’s Report. This is an information item. (Presenter: Scott Campbell, General Counsel)
I. ACTION ITEMS
9. Consider Adopting Resolution No. 2012-01 to Adopt and Amend the District’s Cash Reserve Policy. (Presenter: Catherine Cerri, Finance Manager)
10. Consider Standing Committee Structures and Appointment of Chairmen for the Finance, Engineering, and Personnel Subcommittees. (Presenter: John E. Hoagland, General Manager)
11. Consider Establishing an Advisory Committee Process for Non-Arrowhead Woods Water Enterprise Districts. (Presenter: John E. Hoagland, General Manager)
12. Consider Appointing a Designated Voting Member and an Alternate Voting Member for the Association of San Bernardino County Special Districts. (Presenter: John E. Hoagland, General Manager)
13. Consider Support for the Clean Water and Jobs for California. (Presenter: John E. Hoagland, General Manager)
14. Consider Awarding a Survey Contract for Tract 59 (Alphabet Lanes) Water Pipeline Replacement Project. (Presenter: Ryan Gross, District Engineer)
J. BOARD MEMBER MEETINGS
Board members will have the opportunity to seek Board approval for attendance at meetings of other organizations, seminars, conferences, and other meetings not previously planned for and to report on meetings that they have attended.
K. BOARD MEMBER COMMENTS
L. CLOSED SESSION
The Board will go into Closed Session to discuss:
1. Conference with Legal Counsel – Anticipated Litigation Significant exposure to litigation pursuant to subdivision (b) of Section 54956.9 Potential Cases: 1
2. Conference with Labor Negotiators. Pursuant to Government Section 54957.6 Agency Designated Representatives: John E. Hoagland, General Manager and Brad Neufeld of Gresham Savage, Employee Organization: Utility Workers’ Union of America, Local 557
3. Conference with Labor Negotiators. Pursuant to Government Section 54957.6 Agency Designated Representatives: LACSD Board of Directors and General Counsel Scott Campbell, Unrepresented Employee: General Manager
4. Public Employee Discipline/Dismissal/Release, Pursuant to Government Section 54957
NO AUDIO RECORDING FOR M-N
M. OPEN SESSION
The Board will come out of Closed Session and report on any action taken.
To save server space the Agendas, Minutes and other documents or media associated with this page have been archived.
If you wish to request the content associated with this page click here