PART-TIME PHYSICAL PLANT WORKER I
Application deadline: April 19, 2021
Under direct supervision, performs a variety of routine to skilled work in the cleaning, landscape, maintenance and repair of the District’s facilities in support of the Operations Department.
This is an entry-level class. Initially under close supervision, incumbents learn District facilities and a wide variety of practices and procedures. As experience is gained, assignments become more varied and are performed with greater independence.
EXAMPLES OF ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS (Illustrative Only)
- Maintain landscape at District facilities cleaning outdoor facilities and trimming overgrown hedges.
- Conduct general maintenance duties such as cleaning walkways and other duties.
- Apply fertilizer to help enhance growth.
- Take out weeds and dead plants.
- Trim overgrown limbs, hedges, and leaves.
- Conducting basic irrigation audit and performing basic irrigation repairs.
- Performs a variety of semi-skilled work to clean, inspect, maintain and repair District facilities.
- Regularly provide janitorial services at specific District locations, including but not limited to cleaning restrooms, offices, floors, windows and trash removal.
- Assist staff with relocation of materials, files, furniture as necessary.
- Remove snow and ice at District facilities by using shovel or snow blower.
- Performs minor maintenance and repair services.
- Operates and maintains light, medium, and heavy duty equipment, power tools, hand tools and vehicles as appropriate for the work assignment.
- Observes safe work methods and makes appropriate use of related safety equipment as required.
- Maintains work areas in a clean and orderly condition, including securing equipment.
- Maintains accurate records of work performed.
- May assist in emergency or relief situations.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
Equivalent to the completion of the twelfth (12th) grade.
Valid California class C driver’s license with satisfactory driving record.
Applicants that meet the requirements of the position as described in this Job Announcement will be invited to continue in the job recruitment process. This process may consist of a written test, presentation, interview and/or further evaluation of the applicant’s qualifications.
Applicants must complete a District employment application available on the Lake Arrowhead Community Services District (LACSD) website: www.lakearrowheadcsd.com. Completed employment applications and materials can be emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Starting pay is dependent upon qualifications.