The Human Resources Department provides professional assistance and guidance in the following areas of employee relations:
- Recruitment and selection
- Classification and compensation
- Employee benefits
- Employee training and professional development
- Labor negotiations
- Performance management
It is also the responsibility of the Human Resources Department to ensure that all district employees are provided with a safe and secure working environment by offering the following Risk Management and Safety services:
- Comprehensive safety training program
- Managing adherence and compliance with state safety mandates as well as the Occupation Safety and Health Administration (OSHA)
- Manages the general, workers compensation, auto, and property liability insurance for the district
Notice under the ADA and Grievance Process
The mission of the Human Resources Department is to create a work life alignment which promotes employees self-reliance, safe workplace, a positive approach and innovation that enhances LACSD. We provide quality Human Resource services to attract, develop, motivate and retain a diverse team within a supportive environment. We do this with an emphasis on communication and team participation within LACSD.
Are you interested in a Water or Wastewater Career? Check out the below websites to find out more.
Do you like learning how collections work?
Interested in becoming a Water Treatment Plant Operator?
Water Treatment and Distribution Operator Certificate Program
Want to learn more about the water and wastewater industry?
Click here to find out more information