In consideration of the District’s scarce water supplies and recurring drought conditions, the District Board of Directors adopted permanent water conservation policies in 2003.
Under District Ordinance 80, the following water conservation rules apply to all residents and businesses until further notice:
Irrigation Season: May 1st through October 15th only. Penalties may be imposed for irrigating during off-season.
During the irrigation season, the following policies are enforced:
- Irrigation is only allowed on Monday, Wednesday and Friday.
- Do not irrigate landscape between 8:00 a.m. and 6:00 p.m. (Irrigation allowed from 12:01 am to 8 a.m. and from 6 p.m. to midnight on approved days).
- No irrigating during or 48 hours after rain fall.
- Do not allow water to run off onto other properties or the street.
- Irrigation is not allowed outside the boundaries of your parcel.
- Irrigation should only provide sufficient water to maintain minimal landscaping needs.
- Repair leaks or out of adjustment sprinkler heads in your irrigation system immediately.
Year round water use efficiency policies are enforced as follows:
- Repair leaks in plumbing or your water distribution system immediately.
- Do not wash down sidewalks, driveways, parking lots, etc. Use a broom.
- Wash cars with a bucket and only rinse with a hose that has a shutoff nozzle.
- No new lawn/turf grass is permitted at this time per Ordinance 80 landscaping restrictions.
For more tips and information regarding irrigation and landscaping, please see the Landscape Guide for Mountain Homes and refer to the LACSD Natural Zone and Improved Zone Plant List. Hard copies are available at the District Office.
The District urges all residents and business owners to minimize their water use at all times. For more water conservation methods, call the Water Conservation Office at (909) 336-7118.